Tuesday, November 16

An irreplaceable brother

Dearest Max

My family and I were lucky enough to know you from your year dot. For the past few weeks I've been thinking a lot about why we got on so well. According to Maddie (officially our childminder but more of a daytime mum as you named her) as very young children we 'chose each other' and from then on were as thick as thieves. Suzanne (my brilliant Godmother) and my mother Caroline tell me that whenever we got together - from toddlers to teens - there was a friends' chemistry that saw us forever roaring with laughter and creating havoc.

A few stories that have gone down in family history are turning Suzanne's black carpet white with shaving foam and talc, throwing Pearson's precious pewter down the well in the South of France and stealing corn from the local farmer who gave chase and labelled us, 'les enfantes terribles!'





I would like to say that as we got older we matured, but I can't! As all of your friends know, life with Max was about having fun and a giggle. Some of my best memories are from Christmases, summer holidays with Suzanne and family and lots of parties, which you ensured were never dull.

Of course as well as being a brilliant friend, you were a vital part of our family. Your bear hugs were legendary! You were wonderful to talk to and gave such kind but honest advice. Our parents Caroline and Terry thought of you as a son and to my sister Francesca and I, you will always be our brother. My husband Pete adored you too (you got us together but that's another story!) and we're lucky that Maddy is old enough to remember her incredibly charismatic Godfather.



Max, as you often said, you had so many wonderful friends and family. And I have never seen you so happy as when you were about to marry your beautiful Jane. Jane, Suzanne, Sam Eastall and all of your other amazing friends, who I've since been lucky enough to get to know better, have been incredibly strong and are keeping your memory alive so beautifully. What a wonderful, talented, gorgeous man you'd become. We will always miss you, love you and NEVER forget you. Rest in peace my darling. Cat xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment