Friday, November 12

Message from Joe Hill, Max's partner in '3D Joe and Max'

The Most...


The first time I saw Max was in a pencil drawing. Twenty years ago, I was walking through the bowels of Marlborough College's art department when an extraordinary self-portrait grabbed my attention. Expressive yet refined, every feature of the artist's face was exquisitely realised. Very few works of art stick in my head, but I can still visualise that prodigious fourteen year old's drawing to this day.


Max was exceptionally talented, a Renaissance man in every sense. But most of all he was a wonderful human being with an unrivalled love for life. The most optimistic, the most generous, the most energetic, the most supportive, the most creative, the most outrageous, the most brave, the most charming, the most loving… If Max were a super hero he would be Super-lative.


Working with Max for the last seven years has been a privilege. Spending that time as a friend has been an even greater joy. Such was his spirit, I was never unhappier at the end of a day spent in his company than I was at the beginning. He taught me so much about how to enjoy the world, about the light not the dark. Max showed me that life's not a battle, it's an adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment